Continuing with System Era’s goal of simultaneously releasing builds of their in-development title Astroneer, the dev team have sent out build 0.2.10119.0 to Steam, Windows 10, and Xbox One servers. The build is slated to arrive over the next couple of days, depending on how the servers deliver the update to end-users.
The changelog for patch 119 is notably shorter than previous updates. The most notable fix is specific to Xbox One and Windows 10, as it finally enables the two platforms to partake in cross-play with one another. The full changelog is as follows:
- Cross-play multiplayer between Xbox One and Windows 10 Store PC versions now works!
- Fix up the way that objects with research items get dug up. You can now kill hazards without uncovering their buried research item.
- Make spikers destroy after a bit when you dig them up.
- Spikers can be jumped on without hurting you, like that jellyfish scene from Finding Nemo.
- Improve the distance at which objects have physics, allowing (for example) zebra balls to roll further from player
- Fix the disappearance of vehicles and items, particularly when frame rates are low.
- A couple surprises you’ll have to discover.
The post detailing the update also notes that performance updates are inbound for the “next patch or so”, as well as the team moving offices in Seattle to allow for team expansion. Finally, the team notes that they will be holding a stream this week or early next week to show off “some of the new content coming to Astroneer.” Stay tuned for coverage on the next update, as well as further details on the showcase stream.
Source: System Era Forums