Minecraft has been available for many years in its console-friendly version for PlayStation and Xbox, and even longer in its original Java-coded form for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The newest members of the Minecraft family, Windows 10 Edition Beta and Pocket Edition, are finally hitting version 1.0 and bringing way more than a new version number to the table.
If you’ve played Minecraft: Pocket Edition or Windows 10 Edition Beta, you’ll know that these versions of the popular block-them-up have been lacking normal features, items, and aspects of the game that have been in the Java and console versions for a while now. With The Ender Update, Mojang brings the latest goodies from the console editions to the two newer versions. Specifically, Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Edition Beta players will have access to:
- The End, End cities, End ships, Ender dragon & all the other End goodies
- Ender Pearls
- Eye of Ender
- Ender Chest
- Dragon head
- Shulkers & shulker shells
- Chorus fruit and popped chorus fruit
- End stone & End stone brick
- End poem
- Purpur block, purpur pillar, purpur slab & purpur stairs
- End Rod
- Dragon Egg
- Exit Portal & End Gateway
- Ender charge
- Ability to craft lingering potions in survival
- Ability to craft tipped arrows in survival
- Ability to respawn Jean? the Ender Dragon
- Dragon’s breath
- Ender crystals
- 256 world height!
- World seed library
- Igloos & polar bears
- Strongholds now fully implemented and have a chance of spawning in newly generated chunks
- Support for world templates
Along with the above list of new items, environments, and entities, The Ender Update for Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Edition Beta will include all the content from the Festive Mash-Up Pack for 2016 as well. For more details on the Festive Mash-up Pack, check out our coverage of what comes wrapped up inside.
If you’ve got Minecraft: Pocket Edition or Windows 10 Edition Beta, check for the latest update, and prepare for the fight with the Ender Dragon, and be sure to let us know how it goes!