The folks at Rockfish Games have been busy with their latest effort, Everspace. The last update was quite a while ago, but since then, the team has migrated the game to Unreal Engine version 4.14 and updated it to version 0.4.Â Besides the game engine upgrade, Everspace v0.4 includes an absolutely massive list of new features, tweaks, and bugfixes. We’ll link the post on the game’s Steam community page that contains the full list, but below is a highlights reel with all the new features since everyone loves new features.
The team at Rockfish has definitely been busy, and what’s new will show that. Here’s that list:
- Added enhancements that can be equipped in the hangar
- Added new points of interest: Derelict Colonial stations
- Added player ship colors: Some are unlocked from the start, more can be collected during runs
- Added alternative ship loadouts
- Replaced voice actor for protagonist
- Added new consumable: Distress Beacon
- Added new consumable: Nano Extractor
- Added new consumable: Sensor Drone
- Added new challenge “Survive a Warship attack”
- Added 1st person view without cockpit
- The three most crafted blueprints in the current run will now be listed at the top of each crafting list
We’d love to hear your favorites in the comments, but the biggest changes are likely first-person sans cockpit instruments and voice actor replacements. The latter may sadden fans of Rockfish’s past Galaxy on Fire games with Keith Maxwell, as he previously voiced the player’s reactions to the computer’s comments and direction.
Regardless of how you feel about in-jokes being laid to rest, a big update for an up-and-coming game is always welcome. The biggest pain point of v0.4 is that, due to the Unreal Engine upgrade, the update will not launch for Mac players as it had too many problems in internal testing. While that means Mac players will have to wait on this update, players who own the game on GOG, Steam, Xbox One, and Windows 10 can hop on and grab it and check out the improvements and try to snag those new bits of gear. For future updates on Everspace, be sure to stay tuned to Rectify Gaming.
Source: Rockfish via Steam