Assassin’s Creed: Origins is out in two weeks, but Ubisoft released information on the game’s DLC today. There will be a season pass as well as a bunch of free content. Some will be available on launch, while others will come a bit later.
Those interested in Bayek’s story will be happy to know that two story expansions will be coming with the pass. We will get to travel to ancient Rome and battle pharaohs along with much more. We’ll even get a fancy new weapon out of it. Check out the breakdown here:
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January, 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpios and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March, 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November, 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits, Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon, the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
There is a strange, two-part irony that my most anticipated Assassin’s Creed DLC is both free and educational. It is the Discovery Tour mode which guides you through ancient Egypt. Narrated by actual historians, you’ll get a great education to bring you back to reality after all the slicing and dicing.
All of the free content is as follows:
- The Trials of the Gods: Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events, victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.
Assassin’s Creed Origins is out in exactly two weeks on October 27th on Xbox One. If you decide you want all the season pass content, you can order the Gold Edition of the game as it’s included. Otherwise, you’ll need to spend $40 separately for the pass.