June was a quiet month when it came to games especially at the start of it with all the E3 events going on. There was one game that released 1 day before the end of the month and that was Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy on PlayStation 4 which was released on June 30th, 2017.
It turns out that the N. Sane Trilogy topped the UK Charts for the entire month of June. It had more than 2x the sales of Tekken 7 (second place) Sales even exceed the first week sales of Horizon: Zero Dawn, the previous fastest-selling single-format release of the year.
- Of the Top 10 have been on sale for over a year
- GTA V (No.3)
- Overwatch (No.5)
- Rocket League (No.10)
- To enter the top 10, sales of only 21,000 units were necessary; 5,000 units to enter the top 50
- Nintendo’s ARMS debuts at No. 15
- Market share: software sales
- PS4 – 55%
- Xbox One – 28.4%
- Switch – 5.7%
- Market development
- Retail game revenue increased 4% over last June to £35.4m
- Number of games sold rose 9% to 1,251,712 units
- Activision Blizzard accounted for 16.5% of all the physical games sold in June and 13% of the revenue.