The Minecraft Java Edition team have been working really hard on some features which have made their way into the game. While some of them are small like the compost block, there is also some great features like pandas, cats and… the whole pillage update.
While snapshots have not been as big recently, they have some important bug fixes and they are obviously important. Features could start gearing up again but I think that we have seen the main features ingame.
Here is the User Interface for the Stonecutter.
Todays snapshot adds 1 block functionality and old school Bedrock players may remember when the stonecutter had a functionality. Well it has returned and it has been introduced in the Java edition!
Here is the changelog! Happy bug testing!
CHANGES IN 19W04A
- Added Stonecutter functionality
- Improved collision code (read: performance improvements)
- Fixed bugs
- New functional block that provides a simplier way to craft various stones (Stairs, Slabs, Chiseled, etc)
- Crafted with 3 stone + 1 iron ingot
FIXED BUGS IN 19W04A
- MC-137441 – progress.working shows on entering world
- MC-140930 – Hat layer on player heads is offset
- MC-141901 – Unlit campfires still hurt players that stand on them
- MC-142091 – Campfire deals damage to entities that are not touching it
- MC-142231 – Scaffolding does not show on maps
- MC-142458 – Unlit campfire texture partially missing
- MC-142486 – When you use /summon command with a wrong entity ID, you will summon a pig
- MC-142528 – Commands using @e[type=] on chat have broken autofilling
- MC-142567 – Replacing lava with campfire creates unlit campfire
- MC-142568 – Pushing a level 7 compost will make it not able to compost their contents
- MC-142608 – Lightning doesn’t appear
- MC-142621 – “Invalid book tag” is not translatable
- MC-142698 – Locking maps can duplicate them
- MC-142762 – When you have a full inventory, taking the book from the lectern deletes the book
- MC-142763 – Clicking recipes in Blast Furnace and Smoker deletes output
- MC-142766 – Clicking a recipe in blast furnace/smoker returns fuel to inventory and resets cook progress