The November 2015 NPD reports are in and Playstation 4 comes back on top, and current-generation hardware continues to speed ahead of last-gen console sales performance. Sony took the opportunity to reiterate its sell-through of 30.2 million consoles, also indicating that November 2015 was the strongest month ever for the PlayStation Store on the other side, Microsoft also had its best month for Xbox One. This makes November 2015 the best month on record for current-generation sales, besting December 2014.
Black Ops III took the month, despite an impressive push from Fallout 4. Surprisingly, despite the new relationship between Activision and Sony, more Xbox One copies were sold at U.S. Retail. Black Ops 3 was the largest release in terms of retail sales of any game in North America going back to 2013. Keep noted that Rise of The Tom Raider did not make it on this list, Just Dance just came right at the end. NPD represents retail sales in the United States. Digital and bundled software sales are not included.
Here’s the full list of best-selling software at retail:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (XBO, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Fallout 4 (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Star Wars Battlefront 2015 (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- FIFA 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
- Need For Speed 2015 (PS4, XBO)
- Halo 5: Guardians (XBO)
- Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate (PS4, XBO, PC)
- Just Dance 2016 (Wii, NWU, 360, XBO, PS4, PS3)
Are you surprised by these results? Let us know!