Avalanche Studios brought Just Cause 3 to New York Comic Con and some news was dropped at the panel including:
- The game will feature 4,500+ animations using the Havok physic engine.
- Like the previous titles, the game is completely open world.
- The physics engine completely rebuilt to allow for ‘action movie’ like moments that are completely up to the player to make.
- QA department finds new ways to destroy things each week.
- Example: They showcased a video of flying a jet and the player jumps out, deploys a parachute, which leaves the jet to fall into a oil refinery and explode. The destruction that ensues is off the charts.
- They put a lot of work into the sound effects and explosion physics of each asset in the game. Many iterations to get it right and collaboration between teams is crucial to getting things done in a timely matter.
- Wildlife has been confirmed. Birds/Fish/Etc. Wildlife can be grappled onto and flung around or attached to vehicles(sup PETA!)
Just Cause 3 launches December 1st, 2015 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC. The Xbox One version comes with a code to download Just Cause 2 via Backwards Compatibility launching this November.