According to a translation via Gematsu, of the Japanese Website Pocket News, if you are a PlayStation 4 streamer and prefer YouTube, the PlayStation 4 Firmware 3.0 update might just be the thing for you!
At the moment, the Firmware 3.0 is in beta testing in Japan, and is being said to provide streamers with an alternative to Twitch and Ustream through YouTube Gaming; the new website and app that YouTube has announced. As an extra, they’ve included the feature to upload 10 second video clips to Twitter.
Quick overview of some other changes:
- Events option in the main menu. This will allow you to find and join events that are common to your interests.
- Community is a new feature in the friends menu. This will allow you find players with common interests. You can now form your own community or join an already existing one. Games and parties can be accessed through these communities.
- Now Playing is a new addition to the What’s New, Friends, Community, and Messages. From here, you will see a list of what your friends are playing, and can form a game or a party. This feature also gives you the option to request to view said friend’s gameplay.
- You will notice that Messages have been updated. What the user is playing will be added, along with the feature of forming a party from that menu. You can also now create a favorites list, and add it to your favorites menu. Stamps have also been added for a fun twist to messages.
- Live from PlayStation will now include and support video clips and screenshots, as well as broadcasts.
- In Settings, users are now able to control the speed of scolling. (Settings > Accessibility > Automatic Scroll Speed)
- In “Community Items,” that can also be found in Settings, “Gameplay Viewing Requests,” “Events,” and “Current Song” are now featured. (Settings > Notifications)
- Comments are now available on What’s New activity.
- In the main menu, you can now access PlayStation Plus, with quick access to details on the Instant Game Collection and member discounts.
- Parental controls are now improved. You can now view game ratings and age restrictions prior to starting any game.
- Your child can now enjoy a sub-account by going to the use selection menu, and choosing New User.
- In the Settings menu for Parental Controls, and for a fee, you can choose to set-up a service which blocks harmful websites from being accessed and displayed.
Get the full details like I did, from IGN here!