Rumor: Sequel For Star Wars: Force Unleashed Series In Development At Electronic Arts


Posted on November 2, 2020 by Nick Moreno

Listen to this Article:

While the Star Wars torch is currently in the hands of Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment with the release of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order almost a year ago now, those previously should also remark the previous series that took fans by storm when LucasArts was still in possession of the license prior to Electronic Arts. Speaking of the Force Unleashed franchise, the two entries that shipped held great potential for more titles to follow.

But despite what fans might have hoped for then, a third installment never truly materialized. Not while LucasArts was still at large or even following the property being handed to DICE – fans are left empty handed for over a decade. But from what looks to running off the success of Respawn Entertainment’s story-driven tale, Force Unleashed could be making a comeback.

At least, that is what’s told by Daniel Richtman who is recognized for accurately relaying premature news on projects from the Disney entertainment conglomerate. On Patreon, Richtman disclosed a new entry is underway. But much details were not provided following the presence of the game being identified by the poster.

Given that there is no visible signs of the game series making a return for newer consoles, it is expected that Richtman would not reveal much on the matters. Howbeit, it does leave room for fans to stay on the edge of their seats leading forward. While Respawn Entertainment is reported to be working on the follow-up to Star Wards Jedi: Fallen Order, there was also talks of a separate entity underway.

At the time of reporting it was told that a “smaller, unusual” project being developed by EA Motive is in the works. The report comes prior to the announcement of Star Was Squadrons which is the likeliest of projects to come from the studio. But for a new Force Unleashed title – there is no tangible evidence suggesting such, at least for now.

The chances look even slimmer with the license for Electronic Arts to further publish Star Wars titles expires in 2023. Given the limited amount of time left, this becomes worrisome for Respawn Entertainment pursuing a trilogy for its Star Wars franchise. Even more, it suggests not enough resources could be pulled for a separate, unannounced resurrection to happen with even DICE’s Battlefront III potentially shelved indefinitely. You can read the full report by heading here.

Would you like Star Wars: Fore Unleashed to return?

Source: We Got This Covered

Share Everywhere!