Another wild west themed game could be coming soon and that’s the next Far Cry by Ubisoft. It is rumored that Far Cry 5 will release this September and will have that western theme just like Red Dead Redemption which is also due to launch around that time.
The Great Falls Tribune reported on a live action trailer that was shot near a church in the Montana prairie. The producer, Jeff Guillot, told the paper that the shoot was for “a sequel to an existing global franchise” scheduled to be released in September, and that the production “stretched more than 5,000 miles”.
You would think that’d be for Red Dead 2 well, that’s what everyone assumed, until sleuths discovered that Guillot has a long history with Ubisoft, working on oodles of its projects in the past. Over a year ago there were polls on what setting the next Far Cry should be set:
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry 4