SMITE is a free-to-play third-person action MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). It launched a year ago on PC and it will be coming soon to Xbox One. Since its beginning it has quickly established gaining a lot of popularity; currently with over 6 million players.
SMITE is the online Battleground of the Gods, offering 60+ gods to choose from and a huge variety of game modes, compared to other games of the same genre, including;
- Arena (5v5) – SMITE’s take on Team Deathmatch. Go online, or load up some bots for local or co-op play.
- Conquest (5v5) – Classic MOBA gameplay. Three lanes, minions, towers and a titan boss fight.
- Joust (1v1 to 3v3) – One-lane, head-to-head competition. Quick, brutal and fun.
- Siege (4v4) – Two-lane combat fueled by colossal siege monsters that either team can summon.
- Assault (5v5) – All Gods are picked randomly before duking it out in one giant lane of chaos.
- There is also the match of the day, mixing daily challenges up in fun and different ways, as well as practice, tutorial and co-op modes for those just getting started.
Smite was shown on San Francisco GDC among other ID@XBOX titles (be sure to check http://rectifygaming.com/new-idxbox-titles-being-shown-at-san-francisco-this-week/ to see the full list)
Hi-Rez Studios recently announced that the Xbox One alpha version of the game had started (March 11th 2015). The first wave of emails were sent, so be sure to check your email if you registered on http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/Xbox back in the day.
Free Xbox One alpha keys were delivered at the Hi-Rez booth (#9116) for those who went to PAX East 2015 [BOSTON, MA. MAR 6-8, 2015]. Some Xbox One Preview Members have also received an alpha code as a reward for being an active part of the program.
Hi-Rez Studios have also stated that they will figure out a way for PC players to be able to transfer their progress and purchases to Xbox Live (details will be shared in full as the game nears release)
“SMITE, currently in Season 2 on PC, will enter closed alpha testing on Xbox One on March 11 to prepare for its official release. To sign up for the upcoming closed beta, coming to Xbox One this spring, please visit www.SmiteGame.com/Xbox“
About Hi-Rez Studios:
“Atlanta-based Hi-Rez Studios was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment, and is now one of the largest video game studios in the Southeast United States. Its games include the squad-based shooter Global Agenda, the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend and SMITE, the Battleground of the Gods”
Stay tuned for more info on Smite.