With the upcoming first anniversary of the release of its couch co-op platformer, Chariot, on Xbox One, independent developer FRIMA Studios celebrated with the release of Chariot’s debut DLC – the Royal Gadget Pack. Now available on Xbox One, the Royal Gadget Pack includes a new playable character: the funny and charming Shopkeeper, 5 new gadgets, including Shield Bubble and Warp Beacon, and 10 challenging new achievements.
“The Royal Gadget Pack brings a whole new level of Chariot shenanigans to both solo and co-op players,” said Martin Brouard, Executive Producer at Frima Studios. “Some of these gadgets will delight the speedrunning community, while others will make some of the harder levels somewhat easier for less experienced players. We’ve also added the option to play as the Skeleton Merchant, which is something that many fans have been asking for since our 2014 launch.”
The Royal Gadget Pack – DLC Features:
- New playable character: the Shopkeeper
- 5 new gadgets (all unlocked at level 1, with 2 upgrade blueprints per gadget hidden in existing levels)
- Shield Bubble – Protects you from everything – including looters! Hold jump to bounce.
- Omni Boots – Allows you to walk normally on any surface – ice, quicksand, even lava!
- Stasis Field – Freezes EVERYTHING in place (except people).
- Warp Beacon – Use to set beacon; use again to warp the Chariot (and any riders).
- Royal Arms – Gives each character their own special attack.
- 10 new achievements both fun and challenging!
The DLC the Royal Gadget Pack is available now on Xbox One for only $2.49 / £1.99 / €2.49 / $3.35 AU. The Chariot and Royal Gadget Pack DLC bundle will also be available for $15.99 / £12.79 / €15.99 / $21.35 AU.