Every Sunday, we will share with our readers 10 interesting facts about your favorite franchises starting today with Halo, and next week Forza franchise.
- Halo wasn’t originally an FPS title – Conceived as a real-time strategy game in the same vein as Command & Conquer and Warcraft, gamers would still control Spartan units, but not as a first-person shooter.
- Master Chief is literally a rock – Due to augmentation process, Master Chief Petty Officer John 117 weights about 900 lbs (450 kg) with armor, 290 lbs (130 kg) without armor. No wonder he can’t swim, right?
- Halo CE was supposed to have 25 levels – Bungie had plans to make Combat Evolved 2.5x bigger than it was.
- Jen Taylor (Cortana) almost cried once – J. Taylor became so attached to the Halo’s iconic A.I. that some lines “nearly had me in tears”.
- 11+ million books in the wild – Since 2001, more than 11 million copies of books, strategy guides, and comics have been sold
- Tons of Pizza were consumed during Halo 3 development – In the three years it took to develop Halo 3, Bungie Studios employees consumed more than 20,000 lbs (~9000 kg) of pizza, 24,000 gallons (90.000+ liters) of soda and more than 1,000 lbs (~450kg) of bananas.
- 20 billion of games were disputed – From 2004 to 2010, more than 20 billion of online games were played the equivalent of 235,000 years or 2 billion hours.
- More lines of dialogue – Halo 2 had 14,000 lines of dialogue..Sounds a lot right? Well, Halo 3 had much much more, a total of 39,000 lines.
- A money printing machine – Since 2001, a total of $3.4 billion have been made with Halo alone.
- Halo was originally a Mac title – Back in 1999, Steve Jobs unveiled to the world the game Bungie was developing. At the time it was a real time strategy game but not for long, because 1 year later Microsoft acquired Bungie. The rest is…history.
That’s the end of these amazing facts about the popular franchise Halo. Stick with us next week with another episode of Fun Facts.