Today Marc Whitten, Chief Product Officer of Xbox One announced a new set of updates for Xbox One which will incorporate feedback received from the community. Marc said that the team have “several surprises” in store when he believes the community will love.
Firstly, we have an update next Tuesday, February 11th 2014 which will address the following:
– Ability to see and manage your storage on Xbox One. This will allow you to find out how much space games/apps use on the console as well as managing that storage.
– My Games & Apps will now have separate lists with separate queues for both. You can pick the order in which you want your content to load and a boot progress indicator has been added so you can better track updates while they load.
– A battery power indicator is back allowing you to track how much charge is charge is left in your controller.
– Support for USB Keyboards on Xbox One.
– Improvements to the quality of Kinect Voice Commands to made them more fluid and responsive.
– Behind-the-scenes updates for developers building Games and Apps for Xbox One.
– And more which will be revealed soon!
Second, there will be another update on March 4th 2014 known as the “Countdown to Titanfall” go prepare the Xbox One for this huge exclusive.
– The update will include many huge features and improvements specifically for the Party and Multiplayer systems to ensure Titanfall is the must have game for 2014!
More information will be shared about these updates in the coming weeks. If your Xbox One is in “Instant On” mode these updates will download automatically and install when you boot up the console afterwards. If you fully power off your console, you will have to download the updates when you turn the console on.
Personally I’m very excited for these updates and the new features demonstrated by Marc looks brilliant!