The release of the Nintendo Switch truly cracked open the gaming market as many developers and publishers swiftly grabbed a hold of bringing pre-existing or new experiences to the fast-selling handheld console hybrid. And although we are already blessed with a slew of titles already available on the platform as is, many fans have been vocal about one developer, Atlus.
Granted, the developer already has developed some projects for the Switch such as Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore and the upcoming Persona 5 Strikers. But fans aim higher for the billboard series Persona hoping that a mainline installment would arrive to the Nintendo eShop. And now you might be able to give your two cents on the matter.
According to Persona Central, Sega posted a 2020 survey asking a slew of questions to get a better grasp as for what the consumer wants for the new year. Concluding the questionnaire, Sega asks what titles from the Japanese developer they would like to see arrive to Nintendo Switch. Here is the full list of titles listed in the question:
- Port of “Revelations: Persona”
- Port of “Persona 2: Innocent Sin / Eternal Punishment”
- Port of “Persona 3,” “Persona 3 FES,” and “Persona 3 Portable”
- Port of “Persona 4” and “Persona 4 Golden”
- Port of “Persona 5” and “Persona 5 Royal”
- Port of “Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne”
- Port of “Shin Megami Tensei IV”
- Port of “Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse”
- Port of “Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner” series
- Port of “Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers”
- Port of “Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha” series
- Port of “Etrian Odyssey” series
- Port of “13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim”
- Port of “Persona Q”
- Port of “Catherine: Full Body”
- Port of “Odin Sphere Leifthrasir”
- Port of “Dragon’s Crown Pro”
Among the repertoire of games that Atlus have released, the most prevalent intellectual property for Nintendo’s platform is Shin Migami Tensei: a handful of titles from the series are already available on preceding Nintendo systems and the trend continues through Tokyo Mirage Sessions which is essentially a crossover between the line of Atlus games and Fire Emblem.
Interesting enough, older franchises like Devil Summoner that is parallel to the Shin Migami Tensei universe and Catherine which released on last generation hardware are also listed in the question. Offering a wide array of titles to choose from, Sega does illustrate to be interested in which games precisely that fans want on the Nintendo Switch.
Howbeit, this only polls fan input of the games provided in the questionnaire to give a suggested estimate at which property the developer could pursue in the coming future. So its recommended you keep your excitement contained until Atlus discloses which series will be coming to the Switch in the coming future.
Which IP would you like to see be ported to the Nintendo Switch?
Source: Persona Central