With the next-generation of console hardware just on the horizon for release this coming holiday season, there is a heavy presumption that physical gaming would be less of desire seeing that discless systems are becoming more of a trend. It was just last month that Sony unveiled the PlayStation 5 Digital Edition negating the UHD Bluray disc drive from the base system and the digital-focused Project Lockhart is reported for a reveal later this August, the need for physical copies looks to be on its deathbed.
But in reality, physical gaming shows to be a bigger trend than many might assume. That is encouraged by Limited Run Games as the manufacturer continues to pump out physical editions of popular titles in recent years. Now during today’s #LRG3 press conference the firm revealed that nearly three dozen titles will be receiving the physical treatment.
Here is the full list of games slated for arrival in the coming future:
- A Boy and His Blob (PS4) — September 2020
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 (Switch, PS4) — TBD
- Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Switch, PS4) — TBD
- Carrion (Switch) — TBD*
- Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Switch, PS4) — Q3 2020
- Demon Turf (Switch) — TBD
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves (PS4) — July 2020
- Grandia HD Collection (Switch) — August 7, 2020
- GRIS (Switch) — TBD*
- Katana Zero (Switch) — November 2020
- Kunai (Switch) — July 8, 2020*
- MegaDimension Neptunia VII (Switch) — July 28, 2020*
- Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Switch, PS4) — August 28, 2020
- My Friend Pedro (PS4) — TBD*
- Observer (Switch) — TBD*
- Papers, Please (Vita) — July 24, 2020
- PixelJunk Eden 2 (Switch) — TBD
- Return of the Obra Dinn (Switch, PS4) — July 24, 2020
- River City Girls 0 — TBD
- Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time (Switch, PS4) — TBD
- Shantae (Switch, GameBoy Color) — September 2020
- Shantae: Risky’s Revenge (Switch) — September 2020
- Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! (PSVR) — July 31, 2020
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer (Switch, PS4, PC) — July 10, 2020
- Super Meat Boy Forever (Switch, PS4) — TBD
- The friends of Ringo Ishikawa (Switch) — July 21, 2020*
- The Mummy Demastered (Switch, PS4) — July 31, 2020
- The Secret of Monkey Island 30th Anniversary Anthology (PC) — October 2020
- To The Moon (Switch) — Q4 2020
- TowerFall Ascension (Switch) — Q3 2020
- Trover Saves the Universe (Switch) — Q4 2020
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine (Switch) — TBD*
- Xtreme Sports (Switch, GameBoy Color) — October 2020
- Ys Origin (Switch) — July 8, 2020*
Among the plenty of games that are slated for physical release either on PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch, there is one property that is quite an eye opener. That project being WayForward’s Shantae. Although the titular title will be receiving a Switch version, the game will also be returning to the GameBoy Color market as well later this fall.
Alongside already released titles that will be entering the physical market later on, there are some enticing projects that is presumed to be launching with a physical edition. That being Fabraz’s Demon Turf. The sprite-based action platformer was revealed last month and has already shaken the indie market for its arrival sometime later in Q420. You can read the full announcement by heading here.
What games do you plan on scooping up for its physical version?
Source: Limited Run Games